Saturday, October 8, 2011

Google+ 2.0: A thing of beauty

G+ 2.0 HomePlayed with the leaked Google+ App (version 2.0) and loved what I saw. The minimalism and sleek interface is fascinating. Obviously, they learned a thing or two from Steve and Apple as to what constitutes a great app design. The app was supposed to be a part of the cancelled Ice Cream Sandwich announcement and was leaked to the interwebz today. (I got mine via Google+ from one of my circles).

Btw, I will not take up all the changes, just the ones that I find really fascinating so here we go. The first thing that you’ll notice after firing up the app is the new and quite improved home screen, I still don’t get why did they renamed the messaging platform when Huddle was supposed to be good enough. Now Chord just makes it worse. I hate it.

Next is the stream. Man I love what they did with it. The photos are actually bigger (and larger on the albums section) and more emphasized on the flow, just like the desktop version.

And the profile page: the profile stream is just like the previous one, the About page had a huge face lift, all the info’s are out there, even the links, arranged and optimized for the mobile app.

What it lacks though, is the ability to do a hangout and a widget. But since I don’t use either of the two, that’s perfectly fine by me. Give it a go yourself by downloading the apk through this link.

Google+ 2.0 ProfileGoogle+ 2.0 Photos

Source: AndroidPolice